Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Taro Planting

Kali is in a Parent Child Interaction School right now. It is like pre-pre school, it is for ages 18 months to 3 years old. She goes every Monday and Wednesday for two hours. Today we went to the Discovery Gardens and planted Taro. Taro is similar to potatoes. It is the staple food in Hawaii. They mash is and make Poi out of it. I thought Kali would love getting dirty, but oh contrer, she hated it. I kept trying to put her feet in and she would lift them up as high as she could. She was getting an ab work out. I finally got her a little muddy and as you can see she was real happy about that. I think I have kind of a prissy girl on my hands. She doesn't like to get dirty. She loves to get wet, but NOT DIRTY! I had fun!




2 comments:

Mikaela said...

I think kids just have a texture thing sometimes...McKay took ages to walk on the grass. I think it was just that it felt weird. So maybe in time Kali won't mind getting dirty!

Shanae said...

Thanks Mikaela, that makes me feel better. Good point! Kali at first would crawl on the grass either.