Tuesday, April 21, 2009

look mom, it's a boat car

This is my Kali girl.  Thumb in her mouth and her silky blanket.

We were driving on the H1 the other day and we saw a truck pulling a boat.  Kali looked at it and said, "huh, look mom, it is a boat car."  :)

While sitting in sacrament meeting Kali looked up at me and asked, "mom, why are you crying?" I leaned over to her and replied, "because I am feeling the spirit."  With a puzzled look on her face she said, "do you not like him?"  Doing all I could to not laugh out loud, I lean over and explain to her that the spirit is the Holy Ghost and sometimes when you have a warm feeling inside it makes you cry, but it is a happy cry.  I guess she was satisfied with that answer, she didn't have anymore questions.

I was reading a book to Kali and I started crying because it was touching, it was about a father and his daughter, Kali noticed I was crying and asked, "why are you sad?"  I told her sometimes when I cry it is a happy cry.  When it was Kali's turn to read the book and we reached that same part where I started to cry she stopped and looked at me and made a weird noise.  I asked her what was wrong.  She said she was trying to cry like me.  I laughed.  Then she asked me if she had to cry during that part.  I assured her she did not have to cry.  Next time we read that book and got to the sad part Kali said, "mom, are you going to cry again?"   LOL :)  (don't worry, I didn't that time.)  

7 comments:

Keiko said...

So cute! Are you pregnant? (jk) Lots of crying involved! It's so fun to see how much she has grown. But, every time I see her with her thumb in her mouth with her silky blanket picture, I know she is still same Kali girl:) I love all these little one's comments on our grown up life, too! I think these things are little rewards for mommies.

.Ang. said...

She is such a sweetie!!!

I love that Little Kali girl!

Melissa said...

haha! love that silly little girl!

liko said...

haha, oh, that is so sweet!

janica said...

haha. Sooo cute!!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

What a sweet girl she is. Aren't little kids so precious? They are just so innocent. We miss you guys!

"Love or Perish" - W. H. Auden said...

lol@ "you don't like him?" too funny kali!