Tuesday, October 19, 2010

smurfs

We found a smurf home in our neighbors yard and could not believe how big it was.
the mushrooms in our yard look like this.
I wonder what kind of fertilizer our neighbors use?
We thought we had found a huge mushroom until
we went on one of our nature walks and found three of these monster boletus mushrooms.
pretty cool, huh.
They are edible.
I was going to cook it up,
but after looking online and
trying to find the best way to cook it,
I read something about how they grow well even in areas with
high metal content in the soil, that scared me;)
I decided maybe after I am not preggo, we will try one.

7 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

WHOAA!!!

Kristi said...

holy toledo that's insane. literally crazy i'd be scared to eat one.

janica said...

holy crap those are HUGE!! love the pics

Andersen said...

Those are huge! I love your kids faces!! Super cute.

liko said...

i thought that picture was photoshopped!!

crazy!!!

Mama and Papa Wood said...

Amazing...I've never seen these before. We'll have to try them sometime. GREAT PICS!

Melissa said...

Holy cow! Are you kidding me? That is amazing!