Tuesday, August 4, 2009

eggs anyone?

It was time for both kids to go down for a nap.  Krew went down easily as always and Kali did not, as always :)  Her excuse today as she was laying there was, "mom, I need some broccoli and ranch."  How could I refuse, this little girl doesn't eat much as it is, and to ask for broccoli.  
OF COURSE YOU CAN :)  
As she was eating her broccoli I received a call from my sister in law Veronica.  I had to go to the computer to help her with a few things over the phone.  After we had finished our conversation I went to go check on Kali and this is what I found:
She had successfully cracked and was mixing one dozen eggs.  I couldn't get mad at her she was so proud of herself, she didn't even make a mess and after checking for shells I only found two small ones. 
 IMPRESSIVE :)

She also had some toast in the toaster, so when they were finished she buttered those while I cooked the eggs.  While we were cooking and spreading the butter Kali said, "mom, isn't this awesome?  We are working as a team."  :)  She is just so cute sometimes!!

14 comments:

ashley said...

ha! you guys make a great team! she is so capable, that is impressive!

ivy cracked an egg on my moms sliding glass door last weekend trying to make eggs. does kali teach cooking classes and can ivy sign up?

.Ang. said...

HOORAY FOR TEAMWORK!!!

That's so funny! Sounds like she's got a bigger appetite then you thought!!

I love that she had bread in the toaster too! GOOD JOB KALI!

if you need more eggs I've got TONS!! :)

liko said...

that is awesome!!! can't get mad, especially after what she said!! and that is so rad she didn't get much shell in there! did you guys teach her how to crack them?? i have never given my kids the chance, but maybe i should let them be more hands-on and they can be independent like miss kali!

Kim's just sayin' said...

wow that's impressive. how cute.

echo said...

so cute!

Unknown said...

Kali is getting to be a big girl. She is so cute. And has a good taste in food. hurray for eggs and toast.

Unknown said...

I love it! That is so adorable!

Unknown said...

That is so stinkin cute! Those are the moments you remember not all the yelling although I think it becomes a blur sometimes but all in all it is the good times you remember! She is so "beautiful" as my kids would say because she is a girl and boys are handsome but she really is cute and I don't think my 4 yr. old could do any of that!

Melissa said...

whahaha!!!!!

way to go little chef!

Lindsay De McBride said...

that is so funny i love it.

Noelle said...

Hahaha! A dozen is a lot of eggs. She's so cute, you really can't get mad. Maybe I should try to let Drew crack an egg. That's the only thing I wont let her do. But good job Kali!

Mary Boyd said...

That is such a sweet story. I need to learn to calm down, cuz I think my initial reaction would be stressing out. I love how much I can learn from good friends, when I let myself. I can't believe how big Kali is now. Krew is getting so big too. I miss you guys. :(

Stephanie said...

oh my gosh- a grown up child who can do such things! dont you feel like she is all of a sudden a grown up? i know i do. :) how fun. you are a great mom and she is precious!

Orie said...

Girls are a lot of fun! my next one... a girl please...