Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tahitian Dance performance

Kali and I decided to learn Tahitian before we left this wonderful place.  I have really enjoyed learning the different cultures and wanted to take back as much with me as I could.
We have been practicing these dances for a couple of months and now it was time to perform.
We had to braid our hair and keep it in for a day so we could get the big hair look.
Then we met at Maeva's (our instructor) house to make our t-leave hip bands and our hauku's (head bands).





The night of the performance.  
Larissa and I took the classes together.
Little Kali girl looked ADORABLE!!

she is a good little performer


THANK YOU SO MUCH AARON AND KREW FOR COMING AND SUPPORTING US!
AND A HUGE MAHALO TO THE E-HOUSE GIRLS AND MOM'S FOR COMING AND CHEERING US ON!

4 comments:

Mama and Papa Wood said...

So awesome! I can't wait to see the video & also see you preform it for us, live!! LOVE YOU!

Stephanie said...

oh my gosh how awesome are you!

Hillaryous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajc9Q6tR_lg

I have Kali's up next... hers is in pits and pieces sorry... ENJOY Way to go! You looked & did great!

Don't tell, but I cried... AlohaOe

Unknown said...

So Cool. I think i'll have to check out Hilary's video on youtube.

Where will you guys be moving too? Where is Aaron doing his practicum?

by the way, I love your photography. You are amazing.