Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A day with Kali

I went into the eye doctor today only for them to tell me that I need to see them again in two weeks at a different location, with newer equipment, so they can run a million tests on me, YAY! ( I hope you sense the sarcasm in that :)  As of right now they say I have Uveitis and need to put pred forte ( steriod drops) in my eye every two hours.

After that fun visit Kali and I decided to have some fun at the Pearl Ridge Mall.  We checked out the bug exhibit.  And she got to ride the train a couple of times.






The bugs were huge, and moved up and down, it was pretty creepy.
Then we decided to go watch the movie, "UP."  It was entertaining, Kali loved it and sat through the whole movie, my mini trial was a success.  The last movie tried taking her to was the, "Bee Movie" and she didn't make it through the whole movie.  That was a while ago :) 

We rode the monorail and few times
We returned to Sanrio to pay for the wallet Kali stole.  Yes you read that correctly, my innocent three year old had her first lesson on stealing :(

Earlier in the evening, like right when we got to the mall I let her pick out a treat from Sanrio because she had been so good at the doctor's office.  Little did I know she snuck out with this wallet, I told her she could not have.  Here is how it went down:

I had put the Sanrio bag in my purse and Kali asked for the treat, so I pull out the bag and notice this wallet in the bag.  Confused, I look at the receipt.  No wallet on the receipt, just candy.  HMMMMMMMMM.

Me:  Kali, did you take this wallet out of the store?
Kali:  Yes.
Me:  I didn't pay for it, why didn't you hand it to Auntie so we could pay for it?
Kali:  Because you said I couldn't have it, so I put it in my shirt.

Pause.   CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!  WHY, did she do this?  HOW, did she think of it?  WHERE, did she learn it from?

Me:  Do you know how serious this is?  Kali, you can go to jail for stealing, the cops will get you.

I guess that scared her enough because we had to run into a store to get something for Aaron before we could get back on the monorail and head back over to downtown to return the wallet.  And the whole time Kali kept saying mom, we have to hurry and pay for the wallet or the cops will get me.  I made her apologize to Auntie and I wanted Kali to tell her what she had done, but she just drooped her head, I think she was embarrassed.  I apologized and told her what happened, we paid for the wallet and then I told Kali she would have to do chores around the house in order to pay off the cost of the wallet.

I hope this is her first and last experience with stealing.

10 comments:

liko said...

that is kind of funny, but at the same time not. sometimes my kids try to walk out of stores with things they want in their hands, and i use the same line as you - you can go to jail for stealing. at least you found it before you got home. and kids are smart, they do what they need to to get what they want. at least she knows now. and i think that you making her work it off is such a great idea.

janica said...

wow- that's pretty crazy but I guess every kid has to learn somehow. Seth laughed at how you took a picture of Kali with the wallet...

ashley said...

a little one with sticky fingers huh? that is funny that she put in in her shirt! so smart! hope she learned her lesson though!

and i hope you get all your eye stuff figured out soon too. that must be so frustrating. good luck!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

You guys are giving me so much good ideas for a good outting for the girls when we get there. And Kali is so cute. Innocent as ever!!! I wish there was a skating rink in hawaii. Did you guys try ice skating in honolulu?

Noelle said...

Hahaha! That is amazing that she knew to tuck it in her shirt! Drew is terrified of cops so we use them for everything! Isn't horrible of us? That sounds like you guys had a fun date though! I hope your eye situation gets better. That's too bad that it's acting up again!

Kam said...

oh geez, she's going on 16 already! haha, wut a cute "thief" story, the picture of her holding the wallet was so funny. it's good to put the "cops are gonna get you" story in their head while they're still young, lol

Melissa said...

haha! kali was just being inventive. She wanted that wallet and she was going to get it somehow!

the bugs look fun!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

gosh lady!! remind me to put you on the temple role...you gotta get those eyes fixed, that's what you do! you see things!! hope things start going smoother!

Unknown said...

That's funny yet not all at the same time. I can't believe she knew to put it under her shirt! I think you did a great job handling the situation! Good luck with your eye!!

Kim's just sayin' said...

how did I miss that story? lili stole some lipgloss last summer but it was out of confussion I think. We've never had a problem since. Quick thinking with the cop thing I bet that will stick in her head!! :)

and I'm glad you actually got to see the BUGS. I still can't believe I had the wrong dates last time.