Friday, July 31, 2009

a few quotes...

from the book "Small and Simple Things" by: Marjorie Hinckley

The trick is to enjoy life.  Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.

Be kind.  Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

and few others quotes in the book by others:

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.  
Aesop, The Lion and the Mouse

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
George Elliot

On that note, THANK YOU Melissa for taking care of my laundry!
While I was out in the pouring rain trying to hold garbage in one hand and the laundry card and drier sheets in the other, all in one motion I was throwing my garbage in the dumpster and sort of slipped, half my garbage made it in, the other half did not and my laundry card had disappeared.  After cleaning up my garbage and looking intently for my laundry card that still had like $15.00 on it, there was no hope.  I could not find it.  I ran upstairs and crabbed another card and more money to put on it.  I felt like I should go look one more time for the card just to make sure I just hadn't over looked it.  Was it in the garbage, no.  Sure enough it was right on top face down.
Sweet!
On my way to the laundry room, I walk in and Melissa is standing there just finishing up.  She had put all of my clothes in the drier and paid to dry them for me.  She even pulled out all of Aaron's shirts that EVERYONE in E house knows have to hang dry.

I am pretty sure my mouth just dropped open.  
MELISSA YOU ARE SO AMAZING!  THANK YOU THANK YOU!

5 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

It's great to have great friends! You must be one too because usually what goes around comes around!!

liko said...

wow, that melissa is pretty awesome...i wonder if she wants to come over and do mine for me...
totally kidding. you gals are great and sometimes i am jealous because i don't live at TVA with ya'll.

Melissa said...

what goes around DOES come around and that is why I wanted to do something nice for you, you are always helping me out too!!!

I'm just glad I dried the right stuff for Aaron! haha! otherwise I would be slightly scared right now!!

Kim's just sayin' said...

i couldn't agree more she is awesome.

Mary Boyd said...

Okay, so this is why I miss the life. I miss the love and friendship that we all shared as neighbors and as family. You are so amazing and I know there had been countless times when I just had to go next door for any help I needed.