Friday, July 17, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Kali had done to Gunstock awhile back to swim with the instructors still in training and ever since than she has told me she wanted to take lessons.  I have been teaching Kali as much as I can or as much as she will let me, since I am a certified instructor, however, I felt like maybe she would progress a little faster with someone else and with older kids to push her.  Well the first two days she did AWESOME!  They split the class into two groups the upper and lower group.  She made it skill wise into the older group with the 5 and 6 year olds!  I was so proud of her :)  Sadly enough by the third lesson, she decided she was over swimming lessons and she wanted me to get in the pool with her, which as we all know, totally defeats the purpose of these lessons :(  Well, it is a continual fight and it makes me realize maybe she is a little to young and not ready to do lessons with out me with her.  She is a little attached to me still.  I was considering putting her in pre-school and now I am second guessing myself.  Well, there is another week left of lessons and hopefully we can just finish them out with out to much of a fuss.
Here is her routine.  She showers off.



uses the restroom

then practices her skills


and on a good day, she is happy about it all :)


2 comments:

Noelle said...

Thats awesome that skill wise she made it with the 5 and 6 year olds. She still has 2 more years till kindergarten right? Well maybe you can try preschool in a year!

liko said...

she'll get it when she's good and ready! and i'm betting sooner than later!