Monday, March 31, 2008

Honolulu Zoo with Naveen Andrews













On Friday we took Kali and Krew to the Honolulu Zoo. We thought we would call our friend Naveen and his girl friend Barbara Hershey and his son Joshua to join us!! JK So what really happened is we were sitting on a bench having lunch when Naveen (Sayid from the show Lost) comes and sits down right by Kali, I first just saw his profile and I was thinking that is crazy that guy looks so much like Sayid from Lost, then he turned at looked at me and I was like, Oh that is Sayid from Lost. I thought in my head, I should ask him to get a picture with Kali, but then quickly decided to just leave him alone and let him enjoy a day with his family. So they went on their way and we went on our way. After we were almost done we ran into them again and my mom was like, "should I take his picture from right here?" I decided no lets just go ask him, so we did, he was really cool and at the time we didn't realize who is girlfriend was, but we looked him up when we got home and realized she was a movie star herself, Barbara Hershey, she is in the movie, "Beaches." I had a pretty relaxing day, but my mom got a workout pushing me around in a wheelchair. Thanks mom! I love taking Kali to the zoo she loves to see all of the animals and she is so entertaining.






12 comments:

Hauni said...

Shanae, that is so awesome! I'm glad you guys got a picture of him with Kali. I have to admit that I'm more familiar with "Beaches" (I love that movie!) than Lost. How are you feeling? I can't believe that you are already up and about. It's so nice that your mom is able to be there and help out. Take care!

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness, that is the COOLEST thing ever! You got to meet Naveen! Yes, I am ridiculously obsessed with Lost, so that is just so cool! What an experience.....Kali is a lucky girl! :) It sounds like y'all had a good time "out and about", and I'm sure it's nice having your mom there. Congrats with the new baby; Krew is gorgeous! You have a beautiful family. I hope you continue to recover, and are up and at 'em again soon! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool, Shanae. Man, every time I watch Lost, I miss Hawaii! Well, I'm happy that we are here for school, but sometimes really really miss Hawaii:) Jared is coming down in May, I'll have him stop by to see handsome Krew for me.

jen and nolan said...

Congratulations Mommy! I am glad I checked your blog on Saturday...that's how we found out you'd had the baby...Grandpa Jay didn't "share" with us!:) Sorry to hear you had a bit of a struggle getting your little Krew here- so glad your Mom is there to help!!! Take care of yourself...you have a beautiful little family! Wow, on this pic of Naveen!Scrapbook material!:) Love always, Jen

Susan said...

Oh my goodness did Syid say anything about me? because he is my boyfriend. J.E.A.L.O.U.S.

stef j. said...

That's pretty cool that Naveen invited you to go to the zoo with he and his fam. You might think a new mom is too busy to go to the zoo with some random LOST star, so that's cool you made time for him. Yep, pretty cool.

ellsworth family said...

That totally ROCKS! I love Lost.
~Kert

.Ang. said...

That is a WAY better picture of him than the one we got!

The zoo looks like so much fun!! We have yet to go! Im impressed that you made it out to the zoo! Your kids are so adorable!

Mikaela said...

I am w/ Hauni...I would know Barbara Hershey over Naveen. Anyways, looks like great fun at the zoo. Btw, you're looking dang good for just having had a baby and having had a c-section at that! :)

Lu said...

congrats on your cutest little boy! i am glad he made it safely. i feel for you with the c section thing. mine was 4 wks ago and i am finally starting to feel like me again, but it sure sucked in the beginning. hope you are all adjusting well. he is beautiful and so is kali!

Anonymous said...

Super cool! I love Sayid (Naveen)! So fun for you! That Kali and Krew are some cute cute kids!

Molly Bea said...

Wait, the zoo IN A WHEELCHAIR? you are amazing! Honey, that's a lot even without a newborn or a two year old, OR a wheelchair! Go super mom!