Saturday, March 8, 2008

Little Thug




I have been inspired by my friend Angie to do better at journaling my blog. I love reading her blog and it keeps her family updated and your kids do so many fun and new things each day this is a awesome way to keep a journal of their life! Thanks Angie! So lets start today, NESTING is setting in big time for me with 13 days left till Krew is due, I woke up and just started cleaning the house, every room had to be in order and I started organizing drawers until Kali woke up, if she had slept longer I am sure this house would be totally spotless every cupboard and drawer in order. Kali's new thing as soon as she wakes up is she wants to go to the playground or go outside and MY new thing is I want both her and I to have breakfast, shower, get dressed, brush our teeth, do our hair and make-up and be in order and have the house in order, beds made, etc. before we leave the house. So as you can imagine we but heads in the morning. Luckily she is really into helping right now so if I am clever enough and let her help and be a part of EVERYTHING, making breakfast, cleaning dishes, putting on make-up, help me pick out my clothes, etc. I get more things done that I would like too.

After we got ready Kali got to go to the playground where we say Auntie Erin (Kali is obsessed with Erin right now so she was excited to see her) who was watching Eli, Seth and Jacob (our neighbors). After awhile of playing it was getting hot and time for me to get home and get ready for my BABY SHOWER!!!! Which Erin and Hillary put on for me. Thanks girls! I will have those pictures posted shortly as soon as I get them from Erin:) hint, hint:) Aaron and Kali went to the beach together while I was at the shower. It was cute because Aaron asked Kali what she wanted to do today, go with mommy or daddy to the beach and she wanted daddy. I was afraid she wouldn't choose that because she has not been a huge fan of the beach lately, but she wanted to spend time with her dad!!!!! She loves her daddy!

At the baby shower we played three fun games, one where Hillary grabbed a diaper bag full of stuff that I put together that I would need for Krew in the hospital and we started going through it franticly, dumping everything out acting like we were looking for something and everyone was like what do you need we might have it, it was really funny everyone was so concerned and then we quickly put everything back in the bag and asked them to right everything they remember seeing. Some of the girls said they didn't even pay attention to what we had pulled out because they were so concerned about what it was I needed. LOL, it was funny! Congratulations Ashlyn she won that one and remembered almost everything!! Then they wrote down as many sports and they could think of in two minutes, since of course the shower was sports theme, Aaron will only allow our son to wear sports apparel or clothes without any design on them. He does not want him in animals or things like that. Congrats Taylor won that one. Last but not least every one had to cut a piece of yarn as big as they thought my belly was. Now this game is interesting, it made me realize when you are pregnant people think you look really big!!:) JK everyone did pretty good but the winner was Stefani a fellow prego, we are pretty much the same size.

Now to explain the Thug pictures, from the baby shower Krew got this cute basketball jersey and Kali was helping me put all of his clothes and things away and as soon as she saw this outfit she was like Auntie Cori! My sister plays basketball for BYU-Provo and Kali loves to watch her and she noticed this was the same thing Auntie Cori wears so she had to put it on and wanted to call her and show her on skype. It was so cute, she was dancing and running around, she thought it was so cool!! Also, the beenie she said she had to put on because it was too windy. ?? We were in the house. ??

6 comments:

.Ang. said...

I should probably be getting ready for church right now but....no. Just had to check in on your blog!! It made my day!

I had fun at the shower! and it looks like the gifts are already being enjoyed! Kali is SO cute!

My blog world had just been expanded!!

ps..maybe we can be friends in real life too! :)

Chantel said...

Carl's in the background singing, "Wanna be a balla, shot colla, 20 inch blades on the impala!"

Hauni said...

I love the pictures and stories! I know you are getting down to the end of your pregnancy and I wanted to wish you luck! I hope everything goes well! I love you! Can't wait until he gets here...

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Kali totally looks like a little thug I love it. I can't wait for Krew to get here!!! Let me know if you need a break and Kali can come play or something.

Natalie. said...

Oh.my.gosh! She is so darling! I can't stand it!!

Erin said...

yes I got a shout out. let me babysit her! and yes she is wearing my outfit. man i feel so special shanae! love ya!