Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Child's Prayer


(child sings)

Heavenly Father are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
"Suffer the children to come to me."
Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.

(mother sings)

Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is listening.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer;
He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom,
The kingdom of heaven.

I sang this song to Kali when she was a baby to put her to sleep at night.

I love to listen to Kali pray. I will never forget in her first prayer with out any help from Aaron or I, she said, "I am thankful for mommy and daddy and baby Krew, and I love them very much." It brought a tear to my eye. She is always thankful for Jesus and prophet Monson. I start to understand more and more each day why we are told to be like little children, so innocent and pure. I am so grateful for Kali in my life, she always reminds me to do what it right. She is quick to remind me if I say stupid or dumb, that those are "means words." She just keeps me in check.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a great mom. I love watching you with Kaili. She is so smart. I can't wait to be a mom, hopefully I will be able to as good as you.

.Ang. said...

I love this!

Melissa said...

cute!

Molly Bea said...

so sweet... from our house there still comes growling prayers, singing prayers etc.

ashley said...

so sweet. so true.

gina said...

One of my favorite songs of all time!

Carrie said...

That is the sweetest picture of Kali, and I loved hearing how beautiful her first solo prayer went! Precious!
Shanae, I just discovered your comment on my site (miraculously, because I never look in the section you commented in :) and I was soooo happy to hear from you! Thanks so much for taking the time to share our excitement! Miss you guys!

Jody said...

wow that is so sweet!! I can't wait until Nora is saying prayers! what a good example you and aaron are for lil kali!