Thursday, May 20, 2010

15 min.

Sadly, I had forgotten...
...until this morning, I woke up with Krew
and played with him for about 30 min.
It was his rules, his play.
JUST Krew and I.
In Relief Society last month we talked about disciplining children
and more importantly how to raise them with love and confidence.
One bit of advice was to spend at least 15 min. a day with each of your children.
ONE ON ONE TIME, and they get to make the rules, and choose the type of play.
Krew and I played together before Kali woke up this morning and
I think he liked it:)




Of course he chose to play with his cars.
So I took a car and got on the ground and drove around with him and made car noises ;)

Next on his agenda was to go outside and play cars in the dirt.
He would say, "mom, cars dirty" as he ran them around.
So he had to wash them off once we got into the house.
Then he decided to pick some weeds.
Last on his agenda was to jump on the trampoline.


I had so much fun spending time with Krew and just going and doing WHATEVER he wanted.
I am glad I remembered today the importance of one on one play time with your children,
where they pick what to do and how do to it,
and now I need to make sure I do this EVERYDAY!

4 comments:

janica said...

LOVE your blog makeover!!! really like those pics too. krew is getting too big too fast!

Erin said...

so cute!!! i totally agree, but i think it should always be longer than 15!

Shanae said...

I agree with you Erin, but my guess is that as soon as you have several children and life gets really busy running kids around, to still remember and give each child at least 15 min of one on one time.
When you have one or two like us who are not yet in school it is easy to give hours of time like that :)

.Ang. said...

We love our one one one time!!!!

and of course our 5 minutes of uninterrupted eye contact!

:)

Miss you guys!