Thursday, May 6, 2010

where have you been all my life?


I finally decided it was time to make a chart for Kali and Krew. I was just tired of fighting them morning and night to get things done to get ready for the day or night, so I thought it is time to write it all down so they knew what needed to get done before they could play.
While I was working on what pictures I wanted on it and what things I wanted them to accomplish in the mornings, my mom pulled out this beauty that Kali has been using until I get their's finished.
LET ME TELL YOU IT IS A MIRACLE!
Kali will not start her day or end her day until ALL of her stars are on her chart and she does it ALL by herself. The other day when we were sick I was just ready to go to bed and I wanted to skip all the steps and just go to bed, but Kali would not have it, she had to get all her stars on her chart before she would go to bed :)

So here is a sample of what changes I want, to personalize one for them. I am going to take pictures of them doing these things so they can see themselves doing it :)


MORNING

When the sun comes up to start each day

I earn my stars before I play

I make my bed with such special care

Then read my scriptures and say my prayers

I exercise to keep my body healthy and strong

Then take a bath so I smell good all day long.

I dress myself to start the day right

Then I fold my pajamas and shut the drawers tight

I eat a breakfast that is good for me

Then I brush my teeth so clean they’ll be

I fix my hair so pretty for the day

Now it is time to go out and play

(school time and sports time, still working that in some how:)


AT NIGHT

When darkness comes and day is through my night chart shows me what to do

I pick up my toys at the end of the day

Than bathe and wash the dirt way

I put on my pajamas to keep me warm at night

Then pick up my clothes and fold them just right

I brush my teeth with all my might

Brush brush till they’re shiny and bright

I pick out some books to read with my mom

(something about scriptures, work in progress:)

I remember my prayers so I can say

Thank you Lord for this special day



6 comments:

Erin said...

ill have to get me one of those! it's perfecT!

janica said...

oh my goodness i remember those!! haha. Im surprised all the stars are still there and not missing.

Matti said...

So cute! Am I allowed to copy this? I have worked on a little flip chart for Eden to help her get ready in the morning, and it has worked well. It's amazing how these little things keep kids motivated. But this one is SOOOO much cuter!

Melissa said...

that is super cute! I will have to get something like it.

Naihe Family said...

Oh MY GOODNESS!! you read my mind! We are trying to implelent this, but couldn't really figure out how to start. LOVE this!!! Gives me a base reference! Wow!! YAY!!! So glad it works

Crystal & Brandon said...

this is way cute! i love the idea. i hope you post the one you are working on when done. i would love to see it.