Wednesday, June 4, 2008

TAG, All about me!

Back in April I was tagged by Hillary Williams and Stefani Jorgensen. At first I was like, there really isn't anything interesting about me that people don't already know, but over these past two months I have randomly thought about some things and thought O.K. I guess it is time now to post a little about me. Here is goes, first for Stefani's tag, six things about me that people probably don't know:

1. The claw machine - Luck or Talent? You decide. Back in 2000, Utah, Provo Town Center, one of these machines had Care Bears in them, I thought so cute I want to try, and on my first try I got my very first claw machine stuff animal, I still have it to this day it is the green lucky bear in the picture! Ever since then I have been addicted, I usually can get them in one or two tries. Now I am not going pro yet, I only go for ones that are easy to get like on top laying there not all stuck in between things. I have gotten a few pretty weird and ugly things but it is just for fun, because I can do it!:) It is funny, I get them often enough that when ever Kali sees the machines she thinks she can just choose what she wants and I will get it for her, oh cont rare. I have given a lot of them away and thrown and few really ugly one's away, but the few I have left are pictured below. The picture with Kali in it is just all her stuffed animals and she wanted to get a picture since I was taking pictures of the one's I have clawed.



2. Music - when it comes to music I enjoy listening to classical, if you have ever heard of Soundscapes on satellite radio I will listen to that all day, especially when I am cleaning or want to be creative or meditate or relax, etc. you get the point. When I nannied in California I had that playing through out the whole house all the time, I LOVE IT!! If I am in a different mood I prefer adult alternative, it is the softer alternative songs. The only time I really like to listen to harder music is when I am working out, or dancing.


3. Ready for this one, I don't like to: read, cook, clean, scrapbook or shop (especially now that I have kids). I know it is a shocker. I would prefer having a maid or nanny or assistant for most of these things.
Sorry book club members but it is true, I would much rather snuggle up on the couch with my pop corn and chocolate milk (hot chocolate just doesn't work in hawaii) and watch a movie. I am sure some of my friends here in Hawaii had that one figured out, I was part of a book club and out of 5 books I think I read one. disclaimer: I do enjoy reading my scriptures.
If I could have a person cook for me I would be in Heaven because I absolutely LOVE tasty food, I just don't want to prepare it. My husband would kill me for saying this, because he hates these places, but I absolutely love those restaurants that you go to that cost a million dollars a plate and they don't give you very much, but the food tastes AMAZING!!!!
I have to have a clean house, because it stresses me out when it is not, but I don't like cleaning, I would much rather have some other person walking behind my children and husband picking up after their messes.
Scrapbooking, I have tried that and I know it is a sin for an LDS women not to enjoy doing these things, but I prefer these new photo books you can make online, all of my childen will have those as scrapbooks.
And last but not least shopping, I know what kind of a women doesn't like to shop right, well over the years I like it less and less and with children now, I would much rather have some one shop for me, I love cute clothes and accessories, I just want some one else to go get them for me. Hours and hours spent looking around for the right things just isn't appealing to me any more. AND when I do try to shop for myself I just end up coming home with clothes for the kids.

4. How I prefer to spend my time is: outside, on the beach, surfing, working out, playing sports, hiking, running around with my children, taking the kids to fun places, taking pictures, finding good quotes and poetry, and making photo books.
5. I love to travel and I love change. After I graduated High School I never lived anywhere longer than 2 years. After I left Washington I moved to Idaho for 2 years at Ricks received my Associates degree, moved to Utah worked as a paralegal for 2 years, moved back to Washington, worked there as a paralegal and at a gym for six months, then took a job in North and South Carolina for a summer 4 months, than moved back to Washington where I was going to play basketball for the local college 2 months, decided to move back to Utah to finish school and take another paralegal job 6 months, than took a nanny job in California, met Aaron 2 years later got married moved to Hawaii have lived here now for over 3 years and believe it or not I am happy and not itching to move somewhere new, maybe because I have a family now and I am happy and settled. I have to be honest I would still like to travel and see more of the world, I have been to several different states, but I would like to visit other countries, I have only been to parts of Europe, Mexico and the Carribean.

Well Kali just woke up, too be continued ...

5 comments:

Leah Remillet said...

Those were great random tidbits. I have to admit that I was aware of a few (or most) of them but it was still really fun reading it from your point of view. Good ones!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

Hey finally I can now see your blog. I can't believe how big Krew is! I have a lot of catching up on you guys. PS, I love the toy claw talent :)

Noelle said...

I love your "confessions." I agree with you on most. HATE cooking, HATE cleaning, recently HATE scrapbooking, still love reading and shopping, but I too usually come home with clothes for the kids more than myself. Funny how that happens. I love this post and I'm happy to say we'll always be blogging friends!

Kim's just sayin' said...

AND, most of those things are reasons why I love you!!! You are totally you and who the heck cares what anyone else thinks. I may have to join the support group when we get back too. I have a hard time giving up sweets too.

Erin said...

yes on the claw. My sister and her boyfriend are masters and get billions of toys and then take them to little kids at hospitals! but seriously they have bags and bags full of them!
I hate cooking, cleaning and scrapbooking too. ok i used to love scrapbooking...but it takes tooo long and i have NO patience! that is what mypublisher is for! and thank you for loving change...i totally feel the same way about #5