Monday, October 6, 2008

conference and crafts


I had to come up with some creative ways to get Kali to sit in one place so I could try and enjoy the afternoon session. She got to sprinkle colored sand, "fairy dust" over these My Little Pony pictures. You pull off the top layer and underneath it is sticky. I also let her decorate a pumpkin:) I printed off a conference packet that my friend Brooke sent me and tried to get her to play bingo. When she heard someone say a word that was on the paper like, prophet, scriptures, prayer, etc. she got to put down an almond. That didn't last too long for her:( I liked it though! It had a fun matching game that she enjoyed. Matched the 12 apostles to a picture with their name. She did finally sit down and listen to Prophet Monson's final talk and then when the Tabernacle choir sang she got out her song book and sang with them. Aaron and I really enjoyed that:)


5 comments:

.Ang. said...

Nice job Kali!!

What a good listener!

Brylie was so good to sit and watch, she was a little distracted much of the time, but every couple minutes she would say "He is talking about Jesus- He is so smart" Or "That is our prophet, I love him!"

I love conference!

Erin said...

how cute is she with her music book! at least on the session with the primary singers she could totally sing along!

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

That picture of Kali with her book is so cute. I love the background with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir behind her. I was just like you the morning of conference, being so excited. But I do have to give you props for getting up so EARLY to watch it. I remember being in Hawaii and not waking up. You are an example :)

Lindsay Rondo said...

great ideas!!! how fun! i'm coming over your places for conference next time. :)

gina said...

That last picture reminds me of your mom!!! She is so darling. You are so good to have her sit there... I watched it on my computer while the kids watched movies on the tv. Next year I will be better! You're a good momma!