Saturday, October 4, 2008

General Conference


I felt like a kid on Christmas morning as I turned on the TV at 5:30 am and enjoyed the tabernacle choir while I waited for 6:00 am to roll around. What an awesome conference filled with messages of Hope, the knowledge of Gods love for us, a wonderful conversion story, a reminder to read the Book of Mormon prayerfully and to ponder its words, the sacrament, the importance of missionary work, word of wisdom, don't live beyond our means, and learning that 5 new temples are going to be built. I am pretty sure I heard shouts of joy from the Wynes family as they announced a temple to be built in Calgary. It brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of the general conference when I learned that the Columbia River Temple was to be built in Tri-Cities, Washington.

Some words that were spoken that have really made me think are by:

Silvia H. Allred, "The greatest gift you can give is the gospel."
Neil L. Anderson, "You don't know everything, but you know enough."
Deiter F. Uchtdorf - Faith, Hope, and Charity - his description on how they compliment eachother.

If you would like to watch and hear these wonderful messages you can watch on BYU TV, or on line at BYU Broadcasting.

3 comments:

Hillaryous said...

those are the same things i wrote down! wasn't it awesome! I was the same.... but 545am... i couldn't sleep i was excited! i love how you summarized it. you did it perfectly that what i remember as well! i can't wait to see the rome italy temple! that could be a place where jocelyn wants to get married someday... i know i was consider it! ;D

love ya! see you soon

Jana and Rob said...

I always get excited for conference too. I however didn't wake up until 6:10. I thought all the talks were amazing. They always say so many great things and I can never write them all down fast enough. I really liked the afternoon talk by Lawrence Corbridge about the gospel isn't hard, life is hard. It was amazing.

Noelle said...

For some reason Kurt and I have this thing were we think conference starts at 8 no matter where we are. We always missed the early session in Hawaii and we woke up WAY early for the session here! I've missed out on so much! You guys look like you're warm and having a blast!! We miss you guys tons!!