Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Velzy






After conference on Saturday we celebrated Velzy's 3rd Birthday. The girls had a blast running around and playing with the balloons. A definite high light for the girls was the mermaid on the cake, and the cake of course. Kali helped Velzy finish licking the icing off of the mermaids bum:) After we filled our bellies with ono food we headed to the beach for some keiki surfing. I know I have previously posted pictures of Kali on a surf board, but those were poser pictures. She didn't actually catch a wave on that day. Saturday, October 4th Kali caught her first wave! It was a proud day for me:) After she caught about four waves she decided to try and stand up. This picture of Kali tring to stand is about as far as she got, she kind of was squating. Next time though, she will make it all the way up:) Thanks Malia for taking this picture. SO CUTE!

5 comments:

Erin said...

so cute! did you do the "birthday girl writing" where did you get it? love it! i looove the pic maliah took of kali on the surfboard, it's amazing!

Jana and Rob said...

That is awesome Kali is a little surfer girl now. Cute pics.

ashley said...

seriously, we need to go do this every saturday. it was so fun, maybe iv kali and ivy get good enough it will pressure velz into wanting to go out on the board and not just stay on the inside and "bodysurf"
thanks for coming!

Carl said...

What a cute little surfer girl. I love it. I would give my right arm to get my boys to go in and ride the wash. But then I'd just swim circles, so maybe not.

Awesome.

eli&joelynn said...

oh sher girl!! I love it!!