Thursday, October 2, 2008

Waikiki Aquarium





































I have wanted to check out the Aquarium for a while now, so finally on Monday morning I woke up and decided I needed to get the kids out of Laie. So off we went to Waikiki. Melissa and Kaiya joined us. The girls had so much fun. We were a little worried they would be cranky because of my last minute decision it was right during their nap time, but they were amazingly happy and just enjoyed all of the different fish and creatures of the sea. The highlights were the jelly fish, the BIG fish tank, the sea urchin and hermit crab which they got to touch (even Krew got to touch them, with Kali's help, what a good big sister :)) and last but not least the monk seal. They had two of them in the tank. When we first walked up to the glass part, I was really close to the glass looking for the seal. We couldn't see anything. All of a sudden the little bugger snuck up on me which startled me, OK it scared me to death, I jumped and screamed and the girls laughed, I am pretty sure Melissa laughed the hardest, but because I did that they were so hesitant to walk up to the glass and look at it. When we walked up above you could look down into the tank and watch them. The girls LOVED that and didn't want to leave. I realized at that moment these girls would love the Sea Life Park. So, next excursion, Sea Life Park:) As you can see the kids did eventually take there naps around 2:30 they had passed out, so Melissa and I enjoyed a stroll down Waikiki. When they woke up we took them in the ocean and let them float around in their innertubes and played shark. Shark is a game where Melissa and I act like a shark and chase the girls around, while they scream with laughter. They love it:)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

haha!! oh yeah I forgot that you got scared by a seal!! That was so funny!

your pictures turned out dang good! (I'm going to steal them)That was fun, I'm glad we went. Next time I promise not to lock my keys in the trunk. :)

sea life park, monday?

ellsworth family said...

You are such a good mommy Shanae!