Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MID LIFE CRISIS

I should have paid attention when Aaron told me he wasn't very excited about the idea of turning 30 earlier this year. He said it didn't really hit him until he actually had to tell someone his age. I didn't really understand how much it bothered him until he came home with his favorite vehicle. A lifted Ford Bronco. This is the third one he has owned in his life time, and each time he sold one he hated it and felt like it was a mistake. He drove one when we met and we had it for about three years until after we had Kali and we "both" decided to get rid of it, because it was hard for me to get Kali in and out of the Bronco and it had several miles on it, but ever since we sold it he kept saying how he wished we still had it. Well, now he has is love back:) I would be lying if I said I haven't enjoyed it myself. It is a fun vehicle. We have taken it on a hot date to the point, where we just backed it up to the edge and enjoyed the ocean view while barbecuing some steaks. It was so peaceful and relaxing. When he first got it he wanted to take me for a ride so we left the kids with the neighbors and jumped in and headed to the point. Aaron is really into being spontaneous right now so we jumped off the point in our clothes and then headed home:) It was a really fun little date. I want to thank my neighbors (Crosby's, Howard's and Wynes) for being so awesome and taking our kids so that Aaron and I can get some time away together, how does a girl get so lucky?





6 comments:

Jana and Rob said...

Sounds like you are both having a lot of fun with your new ride and being spontaneous.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the new car. When James and I first saw Aaron driving it we both laughed so hard. We have a joke about guys who drive big cars are somehow lacking in other areas. But Aaron is so big that there is no way he could be compensating for anything. hehehe

I can't wait to see what Aaron does when he turns 50. You guys are awesome.

Erin said...

mmmm steak and zuchinni...so yummy! how adorable is aaron. tell him that i think he is adorable while pinching his cheeks (the ones on his face). that is so fun to have a spontaneous hubby and act like you guys are 18! loooove it!

Leah Remillet said...

Ha ha! Sweet Ride!

Larry said...

How fun! LUCKY!!

Molly Bea said...

Yeah, what is up with turning thrity...that just sounds so much older than we were!