Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween

I asked Kali what she wanted to be for Halloween and she first responded, "Minnie Mouse." I told her that she could be something different this year because she was Minnie Mouse last year. Every time I asked her that is what she told me. We tried on her last years costume to see if it still fit and let's just say, if I let her wear it, it would definitely be minnie. Her little bum was hanging out, and the shoes are too small. So I sat her down on my lap and we started looking on the computer for ideas. And this is how it went. We first found Super Girl.She thought that would be fun, so that was an option. Then we continued on and when these scary costumes popped up, THIS is what she wanted to be. I could not believe it. I was like, "Kali, those are so scary, those even scare me." She said, she wanted to be scary and scare everyone, then she proceeded to tell me all the people she wanted to scare.



OK, lets pause here for a moment. I never let her watch scary movies, I am very careful about what she watches, so she didn't see it on the TV. Why would she want to dress like this? I told her these costumes don't even come in her size because they are too scary. I did however find the sceleton costume in her size so we thought that might be a winner.
UNTIL, I found this precious gem. The vampire costume. I love it, she loves it, and she is so excited about the fact she gets to wear fangs and she gets to be scary:) She wanted the costume right NOW! Obviously I am not magic and could not make it appear, so I told her she would have to wait for it to come in the mail. And that is how it went down this year, in deciding what Kali should be for Halloween, a vampire.

Moral of the story before sitting your child down to look for costumes on the computer, find some that are suitable options in advance and ONLY give them those options:)

6 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

ha ha ha...it still makes me laugh. I love that she wants to scare everyone. and you are worried about her being a follower, now she's the trend started, even Briley gave up being a computer so she could be a vampire too!!!!! :) love it.

Unknown said...

I love that costume! So cute! People have asked me what Aaron is going to be Halloween and I don't have a clue!

Did you guys win your bball game?

Erin said...

so funny. i love that she picked out some really creepy things. you should have let her scare all the kids!

Melissa said...

haha!! I love the scary costumes. She's freakin hilarious!!

the vampire is super cute!

Keiko said...

Hahaha! I hope Kali can scare those people with cute vampire! I think it's too cute though . . . Fiona and James will be a batgirl and batman this year. Are you going to be matching vampire with Kali this year like last year? I think you'll be cute with vampire, too.

Molly Bea said...

SO true. that's why I've resorted to asking him "would you like to be a dinosaur?" (that's what we have available in his size to borrow) :) YOu're just too nice of a mom!